It's Awesome Achiever Monday

"Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time — the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to violence and oppression." Martin Luther King, Jr (Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech, 1964, he was 35 years old)

Despite the unusually chilly weather today people made it out for the MLK Parade. The theme of the parade: "Dr. King: Great Leader. Big Dreamer. Faithful Believer. Awesome Achiever." Here's a photo from the parade:

On a totally different topic, here's a couple eco-links I'm enjoying today:

IdealBite.com - Get quick green tips daily by email - it's like a green DailyCandy. I signed up last week and so far I really like it. I just wish they'd incorporate more cute illustrations (a la dailycandy.com) like the ones on their website.

Native Energy - I read about this organization on the No Impact Man blog and finally checked it out. It's a great concept and certainly a successful one so far. It allows little folks like myself to offset my energy usage. So far I've signed up for $8 a month to offset 10,000 kWh per year, which is the average US household energy use. I figured, I spend that much eating out for lunch (if not more), so certainly I could eliminate one takeout meal a month to help offset my carbon footprint. That doesn't make me No Impact Girl, not at all, but every little bit counts right?


photo courtesy of Savannahnow.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Totally Like Pink. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.