Cold Snap

So Happy New Years! I hope y'all had a safe and fun evening ringing in 2008. In order to protect the names and faces of the not so innocent (you know who you are), I've decided to refrain from posting photos of my evening.

So I ended 2007 being a very bad blogger. I went from an almost daily blogger to biweekly. I hope you'll forgive me. Chris and I were out of town for a week around xmas. Visited the in-laws in Cortland, NY (see "their house" above). We had a great visit, saw a lot of people and even had some snow. Snow is best when you can see it, play in it and leave town before you're forced to shovel it.

I was really hoping after getting back from NY that we'd have some warm weather, which we did for a couple of days. But it's a new year and a new weather pattern. Mother nature is giving us the cold snap. How rude! We might hit record temperature lows in the next couple days. And no, that doesn't mean 40 degrees, more like 20 degrees and brrrry. So what does our local news suggest we do? "Make sure you wear a hat if going outdoors." Wow. I never would have thought of that. So glad I watch the news or else I might have walked out in shorts.
Here's my short list of new years resolutions:
  • Take yoga classes
  • Blog more
  • Take more photos and put them in albums
  • Go dancing (maybe take a dance class?)
  • Check out the local (infamous) drag show
  • Try a new recipe at least once a week
  • Buy green products and support enviro-friendly companies
  • Bring and use cloth bags when shopping (say no to plastic bags in 2008)
  • Read more books!
  • Join a book group (or form a book group)
  • Explore Georgia outside of Savannah
  • Pay my folks a visit in California
  • Go to Art Basel in Miami (Chris will look for good art, I'll be pre-occupied with celeb spotting)
That's it for now. But I'm sure I'll come up with more. What's your NY's resolutions???

2 comments:

CC said...
January 3, 2008 at 7:31 PM

I haven't made many resolutions, but I'm doing the cloth bag thing this year too, plus using biodegradable bags to pick up my dogs' poop!

Jen (Pink) Williams said...
January 7, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Love cloth and biodegradable bags! You go!!! Hey my bro is getting married in Long Island - MJ said you go there quite a bit. Any suggestions on stuff to see and do there?

Back to Home Back to Top Totally Like Pink. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.