That Time of Year

The Savannah Film Festival starts this weekend and I'm so excited! I know many cities have film festivals, but Savannah's has truly grown over the past 10 years and I'm happy to be able to experience it. Michael Douglas, the lovely Catherine Zeta-Jones, and the Redgraves (Vanessa and her equally famous siblings) are all coming to town! So beside star stalking you'll find me at the screenings of Purple Violets (which won't be released in theaters, but can be seen on iTunes in November), Reservation Road (this film starring Joaquin Phoenix looks a bit heavy duty), Romance and Cigarettes (musical/comedy from John Turturro) and the much anticipated film, The Kite Runner. I've only got tickets to those four films, but if I find the time I'm going to try to make some of the others. ***OMG I just found out that Mira Sorvino is going to be at the festival to screen her film Reservation Road! Me = excited and a total dork (Alan Cumming, James Franco, Chris Cooper, and Ben McKenzie will also be cruising around town)

This weekend the Coastal Empire Fair starts. I don't know what it is about fairs - the rides, the junk food, the pig races. It calls to me. Another happening is the Shalom Y'all Food Festival on Sunday. I'm not Jewish and I'm not sure if I'm going to find a lot of food to eat there, not being a red meat girl...but with a catchy name like that, I have to check it out. For such a little town, we've got a lot going on.

I'm just glad there's not too much going on today. It's one of those snug rainy days where you don't want to do much of anything except wear comfy clothes, drink steamy hot drinks and sleep. Unfortunately I've still got work to do. Hope y'all have a happy weekend!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Totally Like Pink. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.